Saturday 12 January 2013

Introduction

Welcome one and all to my blog. For those of you that don’t know, my name is Andrew and I’m something of a football nut. For those who want a bit of background information, I’m a 20 year old who was born in England but lives in Scotland. When I was a lot younger I only really liked to play football and didn’t care much for what I saw at grounds or on television, but when the new millennium arrived my mindset changed and I have been following the game like that ever since. As time went on, I knew that I didn’t have what it took to be able to play football at a high level as a career, but that didn’t stop me from losing interest in watching.

Eventually I decided that I’d like to do something related to the game to show my interest and so I decided last year to begin writing football related articles. I started to write a few articles for a couple of websites but I was left a bit frustrated by the way the websites were run. For example, I would write an article on Monday relevant to the football related news that day, but the article wouldn’t appear until the Tuesday because the editor needed 24 hours to review the piece, and by the time it had appeared it felt like old news and nobody paid much attention to the article. While this didn’t stop me wanting to write completely, it did make me stop writing for the websites. After leaving I decided the best way of doing this was to set up my own page and that meant I could post immediately and my articles would still be considered relevant. 

So here I am, beginning a new journey that will allow me to continue my interest in football, share my views with the world and hopefully entertain the viewers of my work. My biggest interest is without doubt the Barclays Premier League in England and most of my views will be based towards that but I will occasionally drift away from that and write about other football related matters. I’ve decided for the time being just to write weekly articles up till the end of the season due to work commitments. I will aim to post my articles on a Monday but if I can’t do that I will always aim for the next day instead. If you wish to contact me then the best way to do that would be via my Twitter account. I’ll leave the link at the end of this post. I used a Google+ account to set this page up but I do not use Google+ so anything left on that will not be responded to. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to writing for you all soon!

Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment