Tuesday 19 February 2013

Blog Information


There are a few reasons as to why I started this blog. To try and show a professional approach to topics that can often divide opinion, to improve my skills as a writer and to have fun and connect with a worldwide audience. I’ve had a look at my view counter since my blog started last month and am fairly pleased with the start that I’ve made with regards to views. I’m still waiting for some constructive feedback to be left in comments as it would be useful to me to know what I am doing well and what I can improve on. I am looking for ways in which I can try and get my blog more attention but these days it can be difficult. I don’t want to be seen to join a website just so I can promote my blog and nothing else as that already creates the wrong impression and perhaps it then falls threat to internet trolls, I don’t know, but I’m not taking any chances for the time being. I am also in the unfortunate position where almost all my family don’t even like football and my friends who do like it aren’t all that keen on the aspect of it that I’m covering, so I’m getting no help from anybody else and having to try and do everything by myself.

I will admit with regards to certain topics I could write a lot more if I wanted to, but I think everybody knows you can only write so much about a certain topic before people start to get bored and lose interest in it so I try and limit myself when posting on a certain topic and by doing so, not running the risk of the post going stale halfway in. Another reason why I think the majority of my posts have contained more facts than opinions are that I’m just trying to show a professional touch with regards to the topics and not writing something that could likely anger somebody who feels very passionately about that topic. Everything I write is in my own words, I don’t copy and paste from any websites but I do use other websites such as Sky Sports and The Telegraph just to help source out information to help me make my articles as accurate as possible, because I am a normal person just like you and don’t have the power to attend manager press conferences and track down people who claim to have inside scoop as to what is going on at a certain club. I need to get my information from the same place as every other average person. I also do this with the hope of improving my writing skills, this is something I was ok at during school and since leaving 3 and a half years ago I hadn’t done much of this style of writing at all until I started getting into this, so right now it is trying to rediscover old territory in the hope that I’ll get better and when I get older I might be able to get better use from this skill.

I felt I had to share this information just in case people had doubts about what I was doing or weren’t keen on my work. I know it won’t be for everyone, but for those who it might appeal to, I do hope that you’ll enjoy my future work. I like to think I am improving with every post and believe me I’d post every day if I could but right now I cannot commit to that given that this is just a hobby and I’m not making any money from this. Maybe I’ll be granted more time in the future, but for now, please enjoy my weekly posts and let me know what you think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment